Between Asteroid 2012 DA14 passing a mere 17,200 miles from the surface and the meteor impact in Chelyabinsk, Russia causing over 1,000 injuries, I think it’s time we start calling February 15th International Space Junk Day. Children can celebrate by throwing rocks at each other. Adults can coat ice cubes in 151, light them on fire, and drop them into a vodka & tonic. We can call the drink an “Atmospheric Entry,” or maybe a “Siberian Sky.”
Join Our Newsletter
Don't Miss Out! Signup for Our Exclusive Deals and Giveaways!
- Our hearts go out to those affected by the tornado in Oklahoma yesterday. bit.ly/14KsmiV 10 hours ago
- RT @USATODAYcollege: Most-read yesterday: 3 websites that help you raise funds for college - usat.ly/10AXqNK 4 days ago
- The ancient... historic PC game, The Oregon Trail, is heading to an App Store near you! bit.ly/RwGDHy 5 days ago
- RT @USATODAYcollege: 5 group-project etiquette tips - usat.ly/17ZwhKt 1 week ago
- @TheHungerGames revealed Catching Fire movie poster. Who’s excited for November? http://t.co/0OqhbEY0FW 1 week ago