Book banning always struck me as a special kind of terrible. Not necessarily because of direct harm done — a student forbidden from reading, say Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, is not a different end result than just not having that book on the syllabus — but because of the principle. There’s no greater insult to the very idea of education and to the discerning capabilities of young minds than to say, “You students can’t handle this book. You need to be protected from it.” (more…)
Join Our Newsletter
Don't Miss Out! Signup for Our Exclusive Deals and Giveaways!
- Big prizes are up for grabs starting Monday. Stay tuned! http://t.co/yJ0JWOcMWy 3 days ago
- Triple Slug Bug Trifecta in the Bookbyte parking lot! #Bookbyte #SalemOR #textbooks #VW #slugbug… instagram.com/p/sxrRputRnd/ 5 days ago
- @ninangin_ If the marketplace item was incorrect or didn't deliver, you would receive a full refund after the claim is investigated & closed 5 days ago
- @ninangin_ Hello - Do you have an order number so I may review? 5 days ago
- @pressi_4 Hello - Please live chat with customer support here bit.ly/19dnLa2 so that we can verify address and order information. 1 week ago