Roger Ebert passed away yesterday at the age of 70. I’m not sure if there’s ever been a more influential or well-known critic, and I mean critic of anything, not just film. He was the first person to receive a Pulitzer Prize for film criticism, back in 1975, and only 4 other people have received that reward since. He had fought with cancer for 11 years prior to his death, losing a large portion of his jaw and his ability to speak due to surgery complications in 2006.
Join Our Newsletter
Don't Miss Out! Signup for Our Exclusive Deals and Giveaways!
- Check out the latest on our blog: Did Facebook go to far with recent mood manipulation experiment? bit.ly/1yxcrU8 5 days ago
- #Contest alert! Starting Mon 7/21 post your summer photos to Twitter, or Instagram with #BBSnapshotContest to win amazing prizes! Stay tuned 6 days ago
- RT @CollegeInvestin: 10 Websites Every College Student Should Know About bit.ly/VUMWhU #collegehelp @bookbyte @studyhall 1 week ago
- We’re back with a collage of Top of the Pile Picks because we couldn’t show just one of these… instagram.com/p/qNCRpmNRj1/ 2 weeks ago
- @TheystayonBRI_S Can you email jjennings@bookbyte,com so that we can get a prepaid label sent to you for the book via email? 2 weeks ago