NASA is working on redesigning their space suits. The idea behind the latest redesign, currently called the Z-1, is to make something more flexible and easier to take on and off. The hope is that these suits will one day be attached to the outside of rovers, so astronauts can simply step into the suit as they’re exiting the rover to walk around Mars (or wherever). Look closely at the “backpack” and you’ll see it’s actually a hatch. The astronaut simply climbs through to put the suit on.
Join Our Newsletter
Don't Miss Out! Signup for Our Exclusive Deals and Giveaways!
- Free #textbooks, airfare & cash are up for grabs in our Fly Into Fall Sweepstakes. Contest ends 9/29. Enter here: bit.ly/1ASfyWj 9 hours ago
- Want to win airfare? Free textbooks? Cash? Enter our Fly Into Fall Sweepstakes here:… instagram.com/p/tI-VC5tRlt/ 3 days ago
- Worried that you’re spending too much time on Instagram? Well…we’re on Pinterest too! 😉 Check us out… instagram.com/p/tF_rmTNRo2/ 4 days ago
- @A_webb131 Hello - Did you receive a declined message? You can chat online with customer support for more info here: bit.ly/19dnLa2 6 days ago
- @editmontage1 Hello - Customer support is available via online chat ( bit.ly/19dnLa2) or email at email@example.com. 6 days ago